Mac users! Want to change your default screenshot location?
If you’re anything like me, you’re creating screen shots all the time. It’s a necessary part of blogging but sometimes it can get really messy… so, I wanted to tell you how to change your default screenshot location. This wonderful little secret has changed my desktop from this…
Clean up that Messy Desktop!
Doesn’t that just make you feel better?
Going from clutter and chaos to clarity and organization?!?! I can’t believe I waited so long to figure this out!
It’s easy! Step by Step Instructions
First, go to your messy desktop and create a new folder.
- Right click and click “New Folder”
- Give your folder a name…I would steer clear of using spaces if possible. What about “Hoover” or “BottomlessPit”??!! Or, you could just go with “Screenshots” – whatever floats your boat!
Next, let’s reset that default location. This is where you get to tap into your inner hacker.
- Go to your Applications folder, click on the “Utilities” folder and then click on “Terminal”
- Once it’s open, paste this in but replace the last bit with your screenshot folder name that you just named on the desktop: defaults write com.apple.screencapture location ~/Desktop/WHATYOUNAMEDYOURFOLDER/
- Press Enter
- Then, paste this in: killall SystemUIServer
- Press Enter
THAT’S IT! Can you believe it was so simple!?!?!? I couldn’t! Now give it a shot…literally, go take a screen shot.
Do you see it in your new folder? Wahoo! Cheers to cleaner desktops around the world!
Show us Your Clean Desktop
Show us your newly cleaned desktop over at HollyHomer.com on Facebook so we can celebrate with you!
Here’s me walking you through it, step by step:
Are you still using a third party email instead of your very own Domain Name Email? Well, let’s fix that…Check out my other post about “How to Setup Your Domain Name Email” I know it sounds complicated but I walk you through it STEP by STEP. Come on over…baby steps to setting up your very own domain name…(yes that was a “What About Bob?” reference…)